Good Beer Week Gala Showcase has had a facelift.
It's now the Indie Beer Showcase.
The Gala Showcase began its life in 2006 as a celebration of microbreweries before being taken over by Good Beer Week in 2014. This year, our focus has shifted slightly from celebrating good beer to celebrating good quality independent beer.
So, what does that mean for you? For many of you, nothing really changes. We have a new name, a new look and a couple of tweaks to the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible to participate in the Indie Beer Showcase, you must be an Australian Indie Brewery. This is how we define this:
- A brewery must sell less than 40 million litres of beer a year
- A brewery doesn’t have more than 20% of it owned by another brewery that sells more than 40 million litres of beer.
- A brewery doesn’t own more than 20% of another brewery that sells more than 40 million litres a year
If you’re an IBA Member, you enjoy a nice perk of getting a $100 OFF on your registration fee.
What stays the same?
- The Indie Beer Showcase offers brewers the chance to put their beers into the hands of beer lovers face to face. As with previous years; you and your team serve tasters of your beer to an excited public.
- There’ll be 30 breweries and food vendors at Fed Square across three public sessions, as well as a session for trade.
- Plus a series of free Masterclasses will be on offer
- We'll launch the Good Beer Week Program to the public
BREWERY REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW FULL!
TICKETS ON SALE JANUARY 23RD.
SEE YOU IN MARCH.